24 Best Warren Buffett Quotes On Money and Life
Warren Edward Buffett is considered one the most successful investor of 20th Century and has shared his philosophy on money and life on various occasion through letters, speeches and books.
1. “Only 2 things matter to get any desired result. Willingness to do and action. The majority fail in executing the second’
2. “The way to begin making money is to begin. Hundreds and thousands of people would like to make a lot of money, but are not making it because they are waiting for something to happen”
3. He often quotes that Albert Einstein “Compound interest is the 8th wonder of the world. He, who understands it, earns it… He who doesn’t, pays it”
4. “Take a break and find your own circle of competence! And then act! Everything falls in place and you would find yourself on the right path”
5. “The big question about how people behave is whether they’ve got an inner scorecard or an outer scorecard. It helps if you can be satisfied with an inner scorecard”
6. “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it” – Aristotle
7. Warren Says about doing a Job one don’t like – “Doing a job that you don’t like is like saving up sex for your old age”
8. “Cash is to a business as oxygen is to a body: Never thought about it when it is present, the only thing in mind when it is absent”
9. “The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say “NO” to almost everything”
10. “Attempting to avoid all failure will undoubtedly result in failure itself. Learn from these failures and your victories will soon pile up”
11. “Tell me who your heroes are, and I’ll tell you who you’ll turn out to be”
12. “You want to associate with people who are the kind of person you’d like to be. You will move in that direction if you do”
13. “Tenacity and grit over the long term will always beat natural talent and even a more established competitor”
14. “When you get to my age, you’ll measure your success in life by how many of the people you want to have love you do love you. That’s the ultimate test of how you lived your life”
15. “Direct focus is as much about having a not-to-do list than a do-to list. Block out distractions and focus only on the most important”
16. “I have seen more people fail because of liquor and leverage – leverage being borrowed money. You really don’t need to leverage in this world much. If you’re smart, you’re going to make a lot of money without borrowing”
17. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll things differently”
18. “It’s far better to buy a wonderful company share at a fair price than a fair company share at a wonderful price”
19. “Over a period, there are going to be good and bad years, there is nothing to be gained by getting enthused or depressed about the sequence in which they occur”
20. “It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction”
21. “It’s only when the tide goes out that you discover who’s been swimming naked”
22. “You only must do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things”
23. “The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging”
24. “I try to buy stock in business that are so wonderful that an idiot can run them. Because sooner or later, one will”
I have read these quotes in two books I referred on Warren Buffett 9 Daily Habits of Warren Buffett by Issac Fox & The life lessons & rules for success – Influential Individuals both are available on Amazon.
Hope these quotes inspire you in some way whether you are struggling or wants to better off your money situation or looking for inspiration for achieving your goal.
Feel free to share this post with anyone you feel be benefited from encouragement from living legend.
Do share your favorite quote in the comment from this post or outside this post. I would love to hear from you.
Wish you a life of health, wealth and happiness.