Book – As A Man Thinketh
Author – James Allen
Genre – Classic Self- help Book
Published in – 1903
As a Man Thinketh, so is he; written on the basis of Biblical verse (Prov. 23: 7) “As a Man Thinketh in his heart, so is he is a book of merely 68 pages and yet became highly popular and recommend book by most self – help authors.
Here are best quotes, lines and thoughts from the book.
1. “All that we are, is the result of what we have thought”
2. “Action are, is the blossom of thought, and joy and suffering are its fruits; thus do we garner in the sweet and bitter harvest of our own plantings”
3. “We are what we think we are. If our mind has evil thoughts, we will suffer pain; if our thoughts are pure; joy will follow”
4. “We are the masters of thoughts, the molders of character, and the makers and shapers of conditions, environment, and destiny”
5. “We do not attract that which we want but that which we are. Our wishes and prayers are gratified and answered only when they harmonize with our thoughts and actions”
6. “In the light of truth, what, then, are, is the meaning of “fighting against circumstances”? It means that we are continually revolting against an effect without, while all the time we are nourishing and preserving its cause in our heart”
7. “All of us are anxious to improve our circumstances but are willing to improve ourselves. We therefore remain bound. People who do not shrink from self-crucifixion can never fail to accomplish the objects upon which their hearts are set”
8. “Good thoughts and actions can never produce bad results; bad thoughts and actions can never produce good results. This is but saying that nothing can come from corn but corn, nothing from nettles but nettles”
9. “Suffering is always the effect of wrong thought in some direction. It is an indication that we are out of harmony with ourselves, with law of life. The sole and supreme use of suffering is to purify, to burn out all that is useless and impure”
10. “We cannot directly choose our circumstances, but we can choose our thoughts and so, indirectly yet surely, shape our circumstances”
11. “Change of diet will not help us if we will not change our thoughts. When thoughts are made pure, impure food is no longer desired”
12. : To put away aimlessness and weakness and to begin to think with purpose is to enter the ranks of those strong ones who recognize failure only as one of the pathways to attainment, who make all conditions serve them, and who think strongly, attempt fearlessly, and accomplish masterfully”
I have also created video of few quotes from the book – Hope you will like it. Please do subscribe to my You tube channel for quotes from other self-help books – Myread4change
13. “All that we achieve and all that we fail to achieve are, is the direct result of our own thoughts. Our weakness and strength, purity and impurity, are our own and not other’s. As we think, so we are; as we continue to think, so we remain”
14. “They who would accomplish little must sacrifice little; they who would achieve much must sacrifice much; they who would attain highly must sacrifice greatly”
15. “Your circumstances may be uncongenial, but they shall not long remain so if you will but perceive an ideal and strive to reach it. You cannot travel within and stand still without”
16. “Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom. It is result of long and patient effort in self-control”
17. “Strong, calm people are always loved and revered. They are like a shade-giving tree in a thirsty land or a sheltering rock in a storm”
18. “Tempest-tossed souls, Wherever you will may be, under whatsoever conditions you will may live, know this – In the ocean of life the isles of blessedness are smiling, and the sunny shore of your ideal awaits your coming. Keep your hand firmly upon the helm of thought. In the bark of your soul reclines the commanding master; He does but sleep; wake him”
19. “Self-control is strength. Right thought is mastery. Calmness is power. Say unto your heart, “Peace, be still!”
Hope this quotes/lines inspired you in some way. Feel free to share this quotes with someone you will know benefits from this or might lighten their day.
I have also written review of the book As A Man Thinketh.
Thank you will for reading. Do share you will thoughts about this in the comment. I would love to know your thoughts.
Wish you a great success.