Book – The Miracle Morning
Author – Hal Elrod
Genre – Self – Help
Published in – 2012
I want to congratulate for reading this article. This shows that you are aware something is lacking, has taken responsibility to find answers and act on it.
The miracle morning is one of the best books I have read after “The 5 A.M Club” of Robin Sharma. Read The Miracle Morning and more importantly apply what you read and reap the benefits of waking up with determination & purpose.
No matter what level of life we are at, whether one is extremely successful, nailing at all aspect or struggling to advance in life, one thing is common amongst all is “Our desire to improve our life”. The Miracle morning paves the way.
About the Book –
Hal in The Miracle Morning encourages us to review our schedule, and create our own miracle morning by getting up 30 minutes to 1 hour early and put suggestions from the book into motion, one may choose to do all at once, or start with one and inculcate others as one move forward.
In less than 150 pages Hal offers immense value. He has broken down Miracle morning into Baby steps making it simple to follow and become the person we need to be, to create the life of our dreams.
Hal Reinforces Three Things in The Book
1) You are just as worthy and capable of creating and sustaining extraordinary health, wealth, happiness, love, and success in your life, as any other person on earth.
2) To create the levels of personal, professional, and financial success you desire, you must first dedicate time each day to becoming the person you need to be.
3) How you wake up each day and your morning routine (or lack thereof) dramatically affects your levels of success in every single area of your life.
Why 95% of People are Living Way Below Their Potential ?
1) Rear View Mirror Syndrome –
- Our subconscious minds are equipped with a self-limiting rear view mirror, through which we continuously relive and recreate our past. We mistakenly believe that who we were is who we are.
- Solution – Accept the paradigm: ‘My past does not equal my future’.
2) Lack of Purpose –
- The word Purpose has been used very lightly and asking question ‘what is my purpose’ feels more demoralizing than encouraging.
- I loved the way purpose is explained – Purpose need not be whole life plan, having something to let you wake up in the morning excited and get on with day is enough, like having yearly financial, physical, goals to attain, which also serves self and others equally.
3) Lack of Personal Development –
- As Jim Rohn once said “your level of success will never outgrow your level of personal development.” Look at your life right now, whether you are learning, constantly thriving to become better in all aspects of life.
4) Lack of Accountability –
- The link between success and accountability is irrefutable. It gives us the leverage we need to act and create results, even when we don’t feel like it. Without it all our goals and dreams will parish. Get accountability Partner.
An Amazing Question?
Hal poses an amazing Question, One must ponder upon –
- ‘Why did you wake up this morning? Is it because you must OR is it because you want to?’ The difference between these two choices tells a lot about our life.
- When you delay waking up until you must, meaning you wait until the last possible moment to get out of bed and start your day—consider that what you’re doing is resisting your life.
The Life S.A.V.E.R. S. – Six Practices to Explore Your Full Potential
Hal claims that our life situation is the set of external circumstances, events, people, and places that surround us. It’s not who we are.
Your life is who you are at the deepest level. Your life is made up of the internal components, attitudes, and mindsets that gives you the power to alter, enhance, or change your life situation at any given moment.
Hal offers six proven personal development practices to help readers move out of mediocrity and lead life of full potential. He calls them life S.A.V.E.RS.
1) S – Silence –
- Hal suggests being in silence not for the hack of it, but with highly beneficial purpose in mind. One can use this silence for meditation, prayer, reflection, deep breathing, gratitude.
- Choose your pick, you can do all or any of them. Do what suits you best.
2) A – Affirmations –
- As Mohammed Ali the boxer puts it “It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. Once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen”.
- Make your own affirmations, repeat them under your breath daily, until it impresses on your subconscious and becomes reality in outer world.
3) V – Visualization –
- Visualization is the process of imagining exactly what you want to achieve or attain, and then mentally rehearsing what you’ll need to do to achieve or attain it. We all have heard this, but the point is how many of us consistently follow this.
4) E – Exercise –
- The benefits of morning exercise are too many to ignore. From waking, you up and enhancing mental clarity, to helping sustain higher levels of energy throughout the day, exercising soon after rising can improve your life in many ways.
- Keep it short and simple to begin with. Start with home workouts. There are numerous free short exercises videos available on YouTube.
5) R – Reading –
- It is one of the most immediate methods for acquiring the knowledge, ideas, and strategies you need to achieve Level 10 success in any area of your life.
- I personally have followed this advised and this book summary is my 76th Book Since March 2020. Start with 2 to 3 pages, do it daily and within weeks, months you will have great habit inculcated.
6) S – Scribing –
- Writing is one of the best ways to clear mind, brainstorm, or work on problems. There are numerous studies on benefits of journaling, be it mental, emotional, financial, or achieving goals.
You can download complete guide to design your own Miracle Morning based on areas that needs Improvement here.
Forming Habits That will Transform Your Life In 30 Days
There are many theories from lots of experts on duration of time it takes to form any habit like 21 days, 66 days, 3 months. You do you. Implement any change and set your own timing.
Hal suggests 30 days is enough if one has right strategy. He explains 30 days as follows –
1) Day 1-10 Unbearable –
- This is mix of most exciting and unbearable of time while changing. Your future self is excited with how will it feel, as you cross the bridge, while your present self-hate it, for change has disrupted the pattern.
2) Day 11-20 Uncomfortable –
- As you pass first 10 days, it becomes comparatively easy, however you will still face and must fight with temptation to fall back on old habits. Here your commitment and self-discipline will play key role.
3) Day 21-30 Unstoppable –
- This is the time when people who try to follow 21 days habits fall short, Hal claims it does take 21 days to form habits, however forming habit, and sustaining it for life is not the same thing.
- He suggests that final 10 days is where you positively reinforce and associate pleasure with your new habit and closes the gap between trying and becoming.
I have also created video of few quotes from the book – Hope you like it. Please do subscribe to my You Tube channel – Myread4change
The Miracle Morning will ignite fire in you to become the best version of yourself and also empower you with step-by-step guide on how to go about it. I highly recommend this book. You may download The Miracle Morning Free E-book here.
About The Author –
Hal appeared is one of the top rated key-note and motivational speaker and author. He has appeared on dozens of radio and television shows across USA.
For more than a decade, “Yo Pal” Hal’s presentations have impacted over 100,000 audience members throughout the United States and Canada, with approximately 80,000 of those individuals having been high school and college student. Check more about him on his Website.
Hope this book summary helped in some way. I would appreciate your comment in comment box and you may subscribe to my email list to receive book summary and much more every week.
Wish you the best in life.