Book – The Power of Awareness (Review)
Author – Neville Goddard
Genre – Self-help Book
Published in – 1952
I picked up another book in the new thought circle that claims every individual has higher power within and shows a way to access that power. Everything that we see and experience outside is a reflection of our internal state of consciousness. The book explains how we can tap into that power.
The power of awareness talks about the center of consciousness, “I AM,” everything that follows is created by what “I AM” goes on to create within and how we can change what we have made once we understand how we go about it.
About the Author –
Neville Lancelot Goddard knew more as Neville was an American author. He wrote books on the Bible, mysticism, and self-help. His works inspire readers to see God within themselves and explain that individuals can design their lives through the Law of Assumption and Attention.
About the book –
The power of awareness explains how each individual consciously creates a life of their dreams or suffers through ignorance of the power of understanding.
The book calls visualization the Law of assumption and teaches tactics on how belief and Attention to wish fulfilled can lead to desire manifestation.
The author claims by creating clear images and putting our complete undivided Attention to who we want to be, what we want to do, and what we want to have, we can materialize it.
A Couple of Points that Book Explains Well –
- To Change Our Circumstances, we must change our thoughts, and yet we can’t change what we think unless we have new ideas. Hence, the desire to transform becomes the first step in transformation.
- The Truth that sets you free is that you can experience in imagination what you desire to participate in reality. By maintaining this experience in fiction, your desire will become an actuality.
- Your Attention must be developed, controlled, and concentrated to change your concept of yourself and your future successfully. Imagination can do anything but only according to the internal direction of your Attention.
- Mental Conversation – Once we set an impression of some people, we start having mental conversations within, creating scenarios of how anyone will treat us and how we will react. As a result of our mental chatter, we face that in actuality. Hence, changing our image of others and creating good mental conversations can lead to better relationships.
- Do not go Seeking for that which you are. Appropriate it, Claim it, and Assume it. Everything depends upon your concept of yourself. You cannot realize that which you do not claim as accurate of yourself.
- Failure to Apply Law of Assumption – One would have difficulty applying and manifesting anything through the Law of assumption until it feels natural. One should be able to conceive what one is asking for and should be able to imagine himself having it. And imagination can be of great help here.
- Faith – Contrary to popular opinion, the efficacy of faith is not due to the work of any outside agency. It is, from first to last, an activity of your consciousness.
I have also created a video of a few quotes from the book – I hope you like it. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel – Myread4change.
The book is full of great lines and quotes, so I have also posted quotes. You may consider checking out here.
With hardly 80 pages, The Power of Awareness is a short read with great insights. You can take complete responsibility for the current situation and embark on a journey of creating the life you want with a change in consciousness and persistent practice.
If you like this book, you’ll also like Neville’s other book, Awakened Imagination.
Please leave your comments/feedback on this post in the comment section, or if you have any questions, I will gladly answer them.
I wish you a great life.