Book – Stress Less, Accomplish More (Meditation for Extra Ordinary Performance)
Author – Emily Fletcher
Genre – Self-help Book
Published in – 2019
Stress Less, Accomplish More is about Mindfulness, Meditation and Manifestation Technique called Ziva Technique founded and being taught by Emily Fletcher Author of this book.
Loved the way Emily describes meditation and distinct it from religious ritual and connects to tool for better life.
“Meditation is like a hardware upgrade for your brain so that you can run whatever software you already have in place —Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism can all run more effectively on an optimized brain machine”.
Stress is one of the major reason behind major illnesses exist today in human body. We are constantly stressed about something or other. Emily teaches the way to break that pattern and to have well-thought response to any situation we face.
If you have ever tried and gave up meditation, or sitting on bench thinking whether this really works and where do I start, Stress less, accomplish more can put you on track with simple to follow meditation practice.
About the Author –
Emily Fletcher is the founder of Ziva and the creator of the Ziva Technique. She is regarded as the leading expert in meditation for high performance.
The New York Times, the Today show, Vogue, and ABC News have all featured Emily’s work. She’s been named one of the top one hundred women in wellness to watch by MindBodyGreen; has taught more than fifteen thousand students around the world.
About The Book –
In Stress Less, Accomplish More, Emily Fletcher not only clears many myths around Meditation and how it should be pursued, but also leaves readers with assurance that living stress free happy life is very much within their grasp.
The main point is this: We meditate to get good at life, not to get good at meditation.
Stress Less, Accomplish More is designed to serve as an introduction to not only meditation but also the three mental tools that make up the Ziva Technique: Mindfulness, Meditation, and Manifesting.
Myths About Meditation –
I have been meditating for some time now and had lots of doubt on my way to practicing meditation. You may resonate with below few and Emily clarifies them all.
1) I am not able to stop thinking –
- Emily clarifies that thinking is like heart beat, and trying to stop is not only futile but also not required. Thinking during meditation is actually an indicator that some stress is leaving the body. This is where the healing happens.
- Remember, thoughts are not the enemy of meditation; effort is. Thoughts are an indicator that stress is leaving the body.
2) Mindfulness, Meditation and Manifesting is same thing–
Emily clarifies that Mindfulness helps you deal with stress in the present moment; meditation gets rid of stress from the past, and manifesting helps you create your dreams for the future.
3) No need for specific lone place, as it is popularly recommended for meditation.
4) No need to sit in erect spine position compulsorily. Comfort is the key. You are not a monk.
5) You can choose any place, meditate anywhere you like. In your room, while traveling, at your desk.
6) Don’t keep alarm to come out of meditation, as sudden break of meditation can cause headache later. Instead, look at time before you start and set timing in mind for 15 minutes. You may check at clock time to time initially until your internal clock get used to it.
The Z Technique Meditation
In 2017, Emily developed the Ziva Technique: a powerful trifecta of Mindfulness, Meditation, and Manifesting
designed to unlock full potential.
The proven benefits of the Ziva Technique include decreased stress, less anxiety, deeper sleep, improved immune function, increased productivity, and extraordinary performance.
How Ziva Technique Works –
The Ziva Technique consists of 3 M’s : Mindfulness, Meditation and Manifesting. Total of 15 minutes twice a day.
Mindfulness helps you deal with stress in the present moment; meditation gets rid of stress from the past; and manifesting helps you create your dreams for the future.
- You may use 2x breathe exercise, or come to your senses exercise for this portion of Z technique. Both these exercises are simple to follow and with practice you’ll get better with it.
- Read the book for step by step instruction or visit book bonus link for video, where Emily will walk you through these exercises. Spend 1st minute of 15 minutes in bringing your awareness in to present moment.
- Spend next fourteen minutes in meditation. Keeping one mantra in mind. Letting that mantra ring in mind to keep mind busy, which will eventually fed away.
- The word you’ll use is simple and effective. You’ll gently hear the word one in the background of your mind, helping to usher you into the subtler states of consciousness.
- Note of Caution – Don’t use alarm to get out of Meditation, as it will cause what Emily calls The Meditation Bends – Headaches, eye strain, and irritability caused by coming up and out of your meditation with a jerk.
- As you finish meditation, follow manifestation exercise from the place of gratitude asking “what am I grateful for? This will allow you to bring your attention to something good in your life.
- Then she suggests to think of one dream, one goal, or one desire and imagine it as if it were your current reality. This is really the trick to manifesting: Imagine the dream as if it is happening now in as much detail as possible.
Best Time to Practice The Z Technique
Emily suggests practicing The Z Technique twice a day and it is non-negotiable. First thing in the morning before breakfast/coffee and getting on with days and second between noon to early evening.
First practice will set the course of the day and second will set the course for other half day and evening.
I have also created video of few quotes from the book – Hope you like it. Please do subscribe to my You Tube channel – Myread4change
Whether you are stressed and looking for non-medical way to deal with it or wants to enhance performance at work and stay more energetic, The Z technique can do that for you and Emily teaches really well through books and her courses.
Hope you find this post insightful and it encourages you to pick this book and try meditation. Your may download Stress Less, Accomplish More Free E-book here.
If you like The Z technique you may also like The Wim Hof Method.
Thank you for your time and I wish you stress free life.