Book – The Magic of Thinking Big (Quotes)
Author – David J. Schwartz PhD
Genre – Self- Help
Originally Published – 1959
The Magic of Thinking big is full of useful insights and opens up minds to great ideas. The book is equally filled with great quotes and one-liners that will inspire you to take control of your life start thinking big and achieve big.
37 Inspiring, Thought Provoking Quotes
1. “Look at things not as they are, but as they can be. Visualization adds value to everything. A big thinker always visualizes what can be done in the future, and doesn’t remain stuck with the present”
2. “Success is determined not so much by the size of one’s brain, as it is by the size of one’s thinking”
3. “All of us, more than we recognize, are products of the surrounding thinking. And much of this thinking is little, not big “
4. “There is nothing either good or bad except that thinking makes it so” – Shakespeare
5. “Believe, really believe, you can move a mountain, and you can. Not many people believe that they can move mountains. So, as a result, not many people do”
6. “Belief works this way. Belief, the “I’m-positive-I-can” attitude, generates the power, skill, and energy needed to do. When you believe I-can-do-it, the how-to-do-it develops”
7. “The how-to-do-it always comes to the person who believes he can do it”
8. “The “Okay-I’ll-give-it-a-try-but-I-don’t-think-it-will-work” attitude produces failures”
9. “Production in your thought factory is under the charge of two foremen, one of whom we will call Mr. Triumph and the other Mr. Defeat”
“Both Mr. Triumph and Mr. Defeat are intensely obedient. They snap to attention immediately. All you need do to signal either foreman is to give the slightest mental beck and call. If the signal is positive, Mr. Triumph will step forward and go to work. Likewise, a negative signal brings Mr. Defeat forward”
10. “The right attitude and one arm will beat the wrong attitude and two arms every time”
11. “One may (and let me emphasize the word may) get a little sympathy, but one doesn’t get respect and loyalty by being a chronic complainer”
12. “The thinking that guides your intelligence is much more important than how much intelligence you may have “
13. “It is more important to use your mind to think than to use it as a warehouse for facts”
14. “The ability to know how to get information is more important than using the mind as a garage for facts”
15. “Never underestimate your own intelligence, and never overestimate the intelligence of others”
16. “Action cures fear. Indecision, postponement, on the other hand, fertilize fear”
17. “Doing what’s right keeps your conscience satisfied. And this builds self-confidence. When we do what is known to be wrong, two negative things happen. First, we feel guilt and this guilt eats away confidence. Second, other people sooner or later find out and lose confidence in us”
18. “Think big, we must use words and phrases that produce big, positive mental images”
19. “All the successful public speakers have one thing in common: They have something to say and they feel a burning desire for other people to hear it”
20. “Before complaining or accusing or reprimanding someone or launching a counterattack in self-defense, ask yourself, “Is it really important?” In most cases, it isn’t and you avoid conflict”
21. “Don’t sell yourself short. Conquer the crime of self-deprecation. Concentrate on your assets. You’re better than you think you are”
22. “Use the big thinker’s vocabulary. Use big, bright, cheerful words. Use words that promise victory, hope, happiness, pleasure; avoid words that create unpleasant images of failure, defeat, and grief”
23. “Stretch your vision. See what can be, not just what is. Practice adding value to things, to people, and to yourself”
24. “Get the big view of your job. Think, really think your present job is important. That next promotion depends mostly on how you think about your present job”
25. “Think above trivial things. Focus your attention on big objectives. Before getting involved in a petty matter, ask yourself, “Is it really important?”
26. “When you believe something is impossible, your mind goes to work for you to prove why. But when you believe, really believe, something can be done, your mind goes to work for you and helps you find the ways to do it”
27. “The successful person doesn’t ask, “Can I do it better?” He knows he can. So he phrases the question: “How can I do it better?”
28. “Capacity is a state of mind. How much we can do depends on how much we think we can do. When you really believe you can do more, your mind thinks creatively and shows you the way”
29. “Big people monopolize the listening. Small people monopolize the talking”
30. “Your appearance talks to you and it talks to others. Make certain it says, “Here is a person who has self-respect. He’s important. Treat him that way.”
31. “People who tell you it cannot be done almost always are unsuccessful people, are strictly average or mediocre at best in terms of accomplishment”
32. “How we think shows through in how we act. Attitudes are mirrors of the mind. They reflect thinking”
33. “In at least nine cases out of ten, the “likability” factor is the first thing mentioned. And in an overwhelmingly large number of cases, the “likability” factor is given far more weight than the technical factor”
34. “Bear in mind that the longer you stay tuned to either Channel P (Positive) or Channel N (Negative), the more interested you become and the harder it is to switch channels. This is true because one thought, positive or negative, sets off a whole chain reaction of similar thought”
35. “The person who does the most talking and the person who is the most successful are rarely the same person”
36. “Action feeds and strengthens confidence; inaction in all forms feeds fear. To fight fear, act. To increase fear—wait, put off, postpone”
37. “Commit this question to memory and use it to evaluate everything you do: “Will this help take me where I want to go?” If the answer is no, back off; if yes, press ahead”
Hope these quotes and lines inspire you in some way. Feel free to share this post around spreading the Magic. You can read The Magic of Thinking Big Book Review here.
You may download The Magic of Thinking Big Free E-book copy here.
Looking for more quotes, Check out Quotes from the Book The Power of Positive Thinking.
Please share your favorite quote in the comment from this post or any other quote that you resonate with most. I would love to hear from you.
Wish you a life of big thoughts, goals, action, and accomplishment.