Book – Your Word is Your Wand
Author – Florence Scovel Shinn
Genre – Self-help Book
Published in – 1928
Your Word is Your Wand is a sequel to “The Game of Life and How to Play It,” another book by Florence Scovel Shinn.
It emphasizes the power of words we utter in front of others and, more importantly, to ourselves. It can make or mar our chances at anything we set our minds on.
About the Author –
Florence Scovel Shinn was an American artist and book illustrator who became a new thought spiritual teacher. She shot to fame as a writer and lecturer after the post-publication of her books “The Game of Life and How to Play It” in 1925 and “Your Word Is Your Wand” In 1928.
About the Book –
Your Word is Your Wand is a short book of merely 90 pages holding keys to most issues in all aspects of life. The book has short chapters on each crucial part and infuses faith with helpful affirmations to turn around any situation.
Jesus Christ emphasized the power of the Word; “By thy words, thou shalt be justified,d and by thy words, thou shalt be condemned” and “Death and life are in the power of the tongue.”
God is man’s supply, and that man can release, through his spoken Word, all that belongs to him by divine right. He must, however, have perfect faith in his spoken Word.
Few Affirmations from the Book
1) Success Affirmation –
- The decks are now cleared for Divine Action, and my own comes to me under grace Magically.
- There is no competition on the Spiritual plane. What is rightfully mine is given me under grace.
- I banish the past and live in the wonderful, where happy surprises come each day.
2) Prosperity Affirmation –
- I spend money under direct inspiration wisely and fearlessly, knowing my supply is endless and immediate.
- I fear letting money go out, knowing God is my immediate and endless supply.
3) Happiness Affirmation –
- There can be no happiness where there is fear, apprehension, or dread. With perfect faith in God comes a feeling of security and happiness.
4) Loss Affirmation–
- There is no loss in the Divine Mind. Therefore, I cannot lose anything rightfully mine.
- Infinite Intelligence is never too late! Endless Intelligence knows the way to recovery.
5) Memory Affirmation–
- There is no loss of memory in the Divine Mind. Therefore, I recollect everything I should remember and forget all that is not for my good.
6) Faith Affirmation–
- I am poised and powerful, and my greatest expectations are realized miraculously.
- I now exercise my fearless faith in three ways—by thinking, speaking, and acting. I am unmoved by appearances. Therefore, impressions move.
7) Debt Affirmation–
- When a man is in debt, or people owe him money, it shows a belief in debt in his subconscious mind. Use the below affirmation that matches your situation –
- If you owe money to someone – I deny the debt; there is no debt in Divine Mind. Therefore, I owe no man anything. All obligations are now wiped out under grace miraculously.
- If someone owes you money – I deny the debt; there is no debt in Divine Mind, no man owes me anything, all is squared. I send forth love and forgiveness.
I have also created a video of a few quotes from the book – I hope you like it. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel – Myread4change.
I recommend reading this book and applying these affirmations wherever applicable with complete faith, and you will see things turn around in no time. I suggest you read this book after you read “The Game of Life and How to Play It,” as it is used as a reference many times in the book.
You may read the summary of The Complete Game of Life and how to play it here.
Please share your thoughts in the comments below. I would love to hear from you.
I wish you great success. Thank you for reading.