Book – The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
Author – Dr. Joseph Murphy
Genre – Self-help Book
Published in – 1963
As you are reading this summary of ‘the power of your subconscious mind’, I assume you are familiar with movie, or book ‘The Secret’, or the word Law of attraction. Whether you are a believer, or skeptical about this concept. This book will help you clarify in the simplest language possible as to how it works, and why it may not have worked for you so far.
Dr. Joseph claims that we create our world with our thoughts and words, whether we believe it or not. Whatever we experience in existential plane come to pass as result of our deeply rooted thoughts, which we may not be aware of many times.
You are like a captain navigating a ship. You must give the right orders, and likewise, you must give the right orders (thoughts and images) to your subconscious mind, which controls and governs all your experiences.
About the Author –
Dr. Joseph D. Murphy was an Irish born American author, new thought minister, ordained in divine science and religious science. He authored more 30 books and The power of your subconscious mind is one is best-seller book and sold millions of copies worldwide.
About the Book –
In The power of your subconscious mind, Dr Joseph Murphy explains the power of our subconscious mind, how we can use it to our advantage, rather than let it run wild and experience undesired consequences.
Dr. Joseph further says that the law of life is the law of belief, and belief could be summed up briefly as a thought in your mind. He says that irrespective of our religious belief, everyone can be benefited from the principles outlined in the book.
Even though subconscious mind is more powerful(90%), it remains at the mercy of the order from conscious (logical/rational) mind(10%). Hence, Dr Joseph explains how to instruct our subconscious minds with our thoughts and words to have it works to our advantage.
Whether we are looking to heal our physical body, improve our mental health, amend relations with others, or improve financial situation, it all lies in our control and we can improve or change anything we desire by understanding the working of our subconscious mind.
If you ever wondered that why many things you think most of the times never comes to pass. The famous psychologist from France explains that in one sentence which is worth pondering over.
“When your desires and imagination are in conflict, your imagination invariably gains the day.”
Few Key points from the book –
- Dr. Joseph explains that our subconscious mind doesn’t differentiate between good or bad and it is the job of our conscious mind to make sure what it let it enter in subconscious.
- Whatever we desire for others is also what we receive. Hence, we need to get rid of our habit of being jealousy, resentment, bitterness. We must think good for all if we ever want to be truly prosperous.
- Before going to bed and immediately after waking up is the best time to impregnate our subconscious mind of our desires, goals and dreams.
- Auto suggestion is one of the most useful tool we can use to change or inculcate any habits or manifest any desire. There are several examples given in the book.
Your Subconscious Mind & Wealth-
When it comes to money, riches, wealth, Dr. Joseph suggests it depends on what we have come to believe about money, what we have convinced ourselves and what we keep verbalizing to ourselves and others about our relationship with money.
Point – Please pay attention on how you feel and talk with others and self when money comes up.
You may consider following suggestions by Dr. Joseph to improve your financial life.
- Repeat the word, “Wealth,” to yourself slowly and quietly for about five minutes prior to sleep and your subconscious mind will bring wealth to pass in your experience.
- Your conscious and subconscious mind must agree. Your subconscious accepts what you really feel to be true. The dominant idea is always accepted by your subconscious mind. The dominant idea should be wealth, not poverty.
- The feeling of wealth produces wealth. Keep that in mind at all times.
- What you consciously affirm, you must not mentally deny a few moments later. This will neutralize the good you have affirmed.
- Envy and jealousy are stumbling blocks to the flow of wealth. Rejoice in the prosperity of others.
Your Subconscious Mind & Happiness-
Dr. Joseph suggests that Happiness is a state of mind. You have the freedom to choose happiness. This may seem extraordinarily simple, and it is. Perhaps this is why people stumble over the way to happiness; they do not see the simplicity of the key to happiness.
Who decides whether you should be happy or not “YOU DO”.
Begin to choose happiness from now on. You may consider few suggestions offered in the book –
- When you open your eyes in the morning, say to yourself, I choose happiness today. I choose success today. I choose right action today. I choose love and good will for all today. I choose peace today. Pour life, love and interest into this affirmation, and you have chosen happiness.
- Give thanks for all your blessings several times day. Furthermore, pray for the peace, happiness and prosperity of all members of your family, your associates and all people everywhere.
- The happiest man is he who brings forth the highest and the best in him. God is the highest and best in him, for the kingdom of God is within.
Your Subconscious Mind & Forgiveness-
One of the major cause for lack of physical, mental, spiritual, financial health is that we hold grudges, we don’t forgive self and others of past mistakes from silly mistakes to major ones. As we keep dwelling over those bad memories, we keep punishing ourselves and others for those mistakes, which refrain us from prospering in true sense.
Dr. Joseph suggests that we must learn to forgive and forget. As, they say to understand all is to forgive all. Keeping grudges is like carrying those people over our shoulder at all times. Beyond a point it weighs us down.
You may consider few suggestions given in the book about forgiveness –
- You cannot be hurt by criticism when you know that you are master of your thoughts, reactions and emotions. This gives you the opportunity to pray and bless the other, thereby blessing yourself.
- Resentment, hatred, ill will and hostility are behind a host of maladies. Forgive yourself and everybody else by pouring out love, life, joy and good will to all those who have hurt you. Continue until such time as you meet them in your mind and you are at peace with them.
- To forgive is to give something for. Give love, peace, joy, wisdom and all the blessings of life to the other, until there is no sting left in your mind. This is really the acid test of forgiveness.
I have also created video of few quotes from the book – Hope you like it. Please do subscribe to my You Tube channel – Myread4change
Whether it is money, health, relationship, courage to pursue what you want. This book will help you take that leap. Through explanation of how our subconscious works and how we should mold to our advantage with given suggestions in the book and persistent practice it is possible to make our objective a reality.
I strongly recommend that you consider reading, re-reading this book with open mind and give suggestions in the book a shot. I am sure you will be glad you did.
You may buy this book based on your location from Amazon India or Amazon UAE or listen to Audio book for free with Amazon Audible free trail. #ad
Hope this summary helped you in someway. Please share your thoughts/feedback of this summary in comment. I would love to hear from you.
Thank you for reading.