Book – The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success (Summary)
Author – Deepak Chopra
Genre – Self-Help
Published in – 1994
“You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny.”
As many definitions of success exist, many rules, principles, and laws are prescribed to attain success. For most of us, success always brings thoughts of hard work, competition, and beating others.
Deepak Chopra claims that the seven laws mentioned in the book apply to any aspect of life as much as to success because these are the same principles that nature uses to create everything in material existence we can see, hear, smell, taste, or touch.
There are many aspects to success; material wealth is only one component. Moreover, success is a journey, not a destination. Material abundance, in all its expressions, happens to be one of those things that makes the trip more enjoyable.
About the Book –
Deepak Chopra, in a small book of fewer than 100 pages, shares seven robust spiritual laws of success one can apply to attain any goal one sets his mind on.
Let’s find out What are the Seven Spiritual Laws of Success?
Law # 1 – The Law of Pure Potentiality
- The first spiritual law of success is the Law of Pure Potentiality because we are in our essential state, pure consciousness.
- When we discover our essential nature and know who we are, knowing itself is the ability to fulfill any dream we have because we are the eternal possibility, the immeasurable potential of all that was, is, and will be.
I loved the concept of Self-Referral and Object-Referral within this Law –
- Self–reflection means our internal reference point is our spirit, not the objects of our experience. Fear is absent, no compulsion to control, and no struggle for approval from others or external power.
- Object – Referral means we are always influenced by objects outside ourselves, which include situations, circumstances, people, and things. We constantly seek outside validation, try to control conditions, and strive for external power from a place of fear.
How to Develop True Potentiality –
Silence – Meditation – Non-judgment are three ways to access the first law. “The law of pure potentiality”.
- Silence – Practicing silence periodically as it is convenient to you is one way to experience the Law of Pure Potentiality.
2. Meditation – You will learn to experience the field of pure silence and pure awareness.
3. Non-judgment is another way of gaining stillness of mind. Refrain from judging all experience; you may begin with an hour or two and then extend to a full day. Just declare, “I won’t judge anything for the next hour.”
Law # 2 – The Law of Giving
- The second spiritual law of success is the Law of Giving. This law could also be called the Law of Giving and Receiving because the universe operates through dynamic exchange.
- As we must let blood keep flowing in the body to maintain a healthy body, we also must let other energy, including money, in constant flow. The moment we try to hoard things, we get stuck.
- The best way to put the Law of Giving into motion is to decide that you will give them something whenever you encounter anyone. It doesn’t have to be material things; it could be a flower, a compliment, or a prayer. The most potent forms of giving are non-material.
Law# 3 The Law of Karma or Cause and Effect
- The third spiritual law of success is the Law of Karma. “Karma” is both action and the consequence of that action; it is cause and effect simultaneously because every effort generates a force of energy that returns to us in like kind.
- The best way to understand and maximize the use of karmic law is to become consciously aware of our every moment’s choices.
- Even though we are infinite choice makers, we have become bundles of conditioned reflexes that people and circumstances are constantly triggering into predictable behavior outcomes.
Law # 4 The Law of Least Effort
- The fourth spiritual law of success is the Law of Least Effort. This law states nature’s intelligence functions with effortless ease and abandoned carefreeness.
- When your actions are motivated by love, your energy multiplies and accumulates, and the surplus energy you gather can be channeled to create anything you want, including unlimited wealth.
There are three ways to put the law of least effort into action –
1. Acceptance – Today, I will accept people, situations, circumstances, and events as they occur.
2. Responsibility means not blaming anyone or anything for your situation, including yourself.
3. Defenselessness – this means that your awareness is established in defenselessness, and you have relinquished the need to convince or persuade others of your point of view.
Law # 5 The Law of Intention and Desire
- The fifth spiritual law of success is the Law of Intention and Desire. This law states that energy and information exist everywhere in nature. In fact, at the quantum field level, there is nothing other than energy and information. The quantum field is just another label for pure consciousness or pure potentiality.
- Attention energizes, and intention transforms. Whatever you put your attention on will grow stronger in your life. Whatever you take your attention away will wither, disintegrate, and disappear.
- Intention, however, triggers the transformation of energy and information. Will organize its fulfillment.
Law # 6 – The Law of Detachment
- In detachment lies the wisdom of uncertainty. In the understanding of uncertainty lies the freedom from our past, from the known, which is the prison of past conditioning.
- And in our willingness to step into the unknown, the field of all possibilities, we surrender ourselves to the creative mind that orchestrates the universe’s dance.
- The Law of Detachment says you must relinquish your attachment to it to acquire anything in the physical universe. This doesn’t mean you give up the intention to create your desire, but you give up your attachment to the result.
Law # 7 – The Law of Dharma or Purpose in Life
- Everyone has a purpose in life—a unique gift or exceptional talent to give to others. And when we blend this fantastic talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and joy of our spirit, which is the goal of all goals.
There are three components of the Law of Dharma –
- Discover our true Self – is to find out on our own that our true Self is spiritual, that essentially, we are spiritual beings that have taken manifestation in physical form.
2. Your Unique Talent – You have a unique expression, so amazing that there’s no one else alive on this planet that has that talent or that expression of that talent.
3. Service to Humanity – Asking yourself, how can I help everyone I contact? When you combine the ability to express your unique talent with service to humanity, you entirely use the Law of Dharma.
I have also created a video of a few quotes from the book – I hope you like it. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel – Myread4change.
These are the seven spiritual laws, once understood and implemented, can bring us success with happiness and joy beyond our imagination.
If you like this book, you may enjoy reading Master Key system.
Deepak Chopra’s books have been translated into more than 50 languages, and he travels worldwide to promote peace, health, and well-being. You may check out more about his work on his Website.
I hope you liked this book summary. I would appreciate your comments below.
Thank you for reading.
I wish you an Abundantly happy life.