Book – The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success (Summary)
Author – Deepak Chopra
Genre – Self – Help
Published in – 1994
“You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny.”
As there are many definitions of success, there are also many rules, principles and laws prescribed to attain success. For most of us, success always brings thoughts of hard work, competition, and beating others.
Deepak Chopra claims that seven laws mentioned in the book apply to any aspect of life as much as to success, because these are the same principles that nature uses to create everything in material existence we can see, hear, smell, taste, or touch.
There are many aspects to success; material wealth is only one component. Moreover, success is a journey, not a destination. Material abundance, in all its expressions, happens to be one of those things that makes the journey more enjoyable.
About the Book –
Deepak Chopra in a small book of fewer than 100 pages shares 7 powerful spiritual laws of success one can apply to attain any goal one set his mind on.
Let’s find out What are the Seven Spiritual Laws of Success?
Law # 1 – The Law of Pure Potentiality
- The first spiritual law of success is the Law of Pure Potentiality. Because we are in our essential state, pure consciousness.
- When we discover our essential nature and know who we are, in that knowing itself, is the ability to fulfill any dream we have, because we are the eternal possibility, the immeasurable potential of all that was, is, and will be.
I loved the concept of Self-Referral and Object-Referral within this Law –
- Self – Referral means our internal reference point is our own spirit, and not the objects of our experience. Here there is an absence of fear, there is no compulsion to control, and no struggle for approval from others or external power.
- Object – Referral means we are always influenced by objects outside ourselves, which include situations, circumstances, people, and things. We are constantly seeking outside validation, trying to control things, situations and thrive for external power, which comes from place of fear.
How to Develop True Potentiality –
Silence – Meditation – Non-judgment, are three ways to access the first law. “The law of pure potentiality”.
1. Silence – Practicing silence periodically as it is convenient to you is one way to experience the Law of Pure Potentiality.
2. Meditation – Through meditation, you will learn to experience the field of pure silence and pure awareness. If you are new to meditation ad seeking guidance, you may consider this 3 Minute Meditations Program to begin.
3. Non-judgment is another way of gaining stillness of mind. Refrain from judging all experience, you may begin with an hour or two and then extend to a full day. Just declare that “I won’t judge anything for the next one hour”.
Law # 2 – The law of Giving
- The second spiritual law of success is the Law of Giving. This law could also be called the Law of Giving and Receiving, because the universe operates through dynamic exchange.
- As we must let blood keep flowing in the body for maintaining healthy body, we also must let other energy including money in constant flow. The moment we try to hoard on to things, we get stuck.
- The best way to put the Law of Giving into motion is to decide that any time you encounter anyone, you will give them something. It doesn’t have to be in the form of material things; it could be a flower, a compliment, or a prayer. In fact, the most powerful forms of giving are non-material.
Law# 3 The Law of Karma or Cause and Effect
- The third spiritual law of success is the Law of Karma. “Karma” is both action and the consequence of that action; it is cause and effect simultaneously, because every action generates a force of energy that returns to us in like kind.
- The best way to understand and maximize the use of karmic law is to become consciously aware of the choices we make in every moment.
- Even though we are infinite choice makers, we have become bundles of conditioned reflexes that are constantly being triggered by people and circumstances into predictable outcomes of behavior.
Law # 4 The Law of Least Effort
- The fourth spiritual law of success is the Law of Least Effort. This law states nature’s intelligence functions with effortless ease and abandoned carefreeness.
- When your actions are motivated by love, your energy multiplies and accumulates, and the surplus energy you gather can be channeled to create anything that you want, including unlimited wealth.
There are 3 ways to put the law of least effort into action –
1. Acceptance – Today I will accept people, situations, circumstances, and events as they occur.
2. Responsibility – It means not blaming anyone or anything for your situation, including yourself.
3. Defenselessness – this means that your awareness is established in defenselessness, and you have relinquished the need to convince or persuade others of your point of view.
Law # 5 The Law of Intention and Desire
- The fifth spiritual law of success is the Law of Intention and Desire. This law states that energy and information exist everywhere in nature. In fact, at the level of the quantum field, there is nothing other than energy and information. The quantum field is just another label for the field of pure consciousness or pure potentiality.
- Attention energizes, and intention transforms. Whatever you put your attention on will growstronger in your life. Whatever you take your attention away from will wither, disintegrate, and disappear.
- Intention, on the other hand, triggers transformation of energy and information. Intention organizes its own fulfillment.
Law # 6 – The Law of Detachment
- In detachment lies the wisdom of uncertainty. In the wisdom of uncertainty lies the freedom from our past, from the known, which is the prison of past conditioning.
- And in our willingness to step into the unknown, the field of all possibilities, we surrender ourselves to the creative mind that orchestrates the dance of the universe.
- The Law of Detachment says that to acquire anything in the physical universe, you must relinquish your attachment to it. This doesn’t mean you give up the intention to create your desire, but give up your attachment to the result.
Law # 7 – The Law of Dharma or Purpose in Life
- Everyone has a purpose in life. A unique gift or special talent to give to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and joy of our own spirit, which is the goal of all goals.
There are 3 components of the Law of Dharma –
1. Discover our true self – is to find out on our own that our true Self is spiritual, that essentially, we are spiritual beings that have taken manifestation in physical form.
2. Your Unique Talent – You have a talent that is unique in its expression, so unique that there’s no one else alive on this planet that has that talent, or that expression of that talent.
3. Service to Humanity – Asking yourself the question, how can I help all those that I come in contact with? When you combine the ability to express your unique talent with service to humanity, then you make full use of the Law of Dharma.
I have also created video of few quotes from the book – Hope you like it. Please do subscribe to my You Tube channel – Myread4change
These are the 7 spiritual laws once understood, and implemented can bring us success with happiness and joy beyond our imagination.
You may download The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success E-book here. If you like this book you may also enjoy reading Master Key system.
Deepak Chopra’s books have been translated into more than 50 languages, and he travels widely throughout the world promoting peace, health, and well-being. You may check out more about his work on his website.
Hope you liked this book summary. I would appreciate your comments below.
Thank you for reading.
Wishing you an Abundantly happy life.
1 thought on “The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success Book Summary”
Hello! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us with beneficial information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!